Dec 10, 2021
This week’s episode of The 1 Girl Revolution Podcast features Dr. Emily Salisbury, Associate Professor of Social Work at the University of Utah, Director of Utah Criminal Justice Center, co-creator of Women’s Risk Needs Assessment (WRNA) system, and expert on women + incarceration. Dr. Salisbury shares her own life story, how she got into academia, how she became interested in women + incarceration, she talks about her research and findings, and so much more.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Dr. Salisbury’s life story and how she got into academia;
- How Dr. Salisbury became interested in the issue of incarceration;
- How Dr. Salisbury became one of the leading experts on women and incarceration;
- About the Women’s Risk Needs Assessment (WRNA) system and how is aiding incarcerated and formerly incarcerated women;
- The reasons and statistics behind the rise in women and girls in jail and prison;
- More about Dr. Salisbury’s research and findings;
- And so much more.
For more information, check out: www.1GirlRevolution.com/DrEmilySalisbury